Monday, June 13, 2011

Re-run: Scene of a murder

Re-run's will be of the blogs most commented/favorite posts that I will re-post periodically.

Probably an all time blog favorite I have had a request for this funny post a few times.
Wile Indigo has not had the virtue of stealing any more slushies, she has done her share of expanding her palate at my own snack's cost. Enjoy.

-----------------------------

Sometimes when I am done my barns on the way back to ride my own beastie I stop by a local diner and get my favorite: sweet potato fries and a slushie. I finished the fries but still had the slushie left. Oh how I love their red slushies. Apparently someone else does too.

I went into the barnyard today and quickly noticed a T-post that held the electric fencing up was falling over. I put my red slush on the old silo foundation and went to fixing fence. It didn't take long and the fence was standing up strait again, but wile my back was turned someone killed my whole slushie in seconds. I was mortified at the scene left (not to mention being left with an unsatisfied sweet tooth)

Exhibit A
Empty cup once containing said slushie. Straw carelessly tossed aside.


Exhibit B

Suspicious red stains.


Exhibit C

Lip smacking that only a red slushie could be the cause of.

The criminal?
Plead guilty of course.
Also asked for more red slushie. The nerve!

Verdict:
Horses now know how to use straws, I am completely sure of it.

We are doomed.

28 comments:

Susan said...

Hilarious! and she didn't even try to hide it. I knew a horse once that liked tea popsicles that we made as kids.

Unknown said...

Funny. Indigo also loves iced tea. Suzy looooooooooooves soft ice cream.

Dreaming said...

OMG...how funny! Thanks for sharing.

Paint Girl said...

That is so cute, a slushy thief!

lisa said...

That was great! The nerve, but I guess it did teach you not to turn your back for long;)

jane augenstein said...

Sydney, you caught her!!! too funny and she wasn't even trying to hide it either!!! Bet to the horse that was a real treat, yummy! Gilly would love things like that too but his favorite is beer! LOL

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh!!! This is hysterical! Well, at least she didn't shred up the cup trying to get slushie out! I love the red lips photo. =)

Anonymous said...

This is so funny that I had to share it with my hubby (who usually could care less about what I do or see on the computer but we are both horse nuts!). Glad you were able to capture the guilty party!

Unknown said...

Indigo has never had beer to my knowledge but you never know. The guy who owned her mom and dad and raised her until his sister bought her and then I had her was a bachelor so lol, who knows. I wouldn't put it past her to like beer.

Yankecwgrl said...

I love it, red lips and all!

Golden the Pony Girl said...

we gave beer to the race horses that did not sweat at the barn I rode at as a small kid. I dunno why but it worked! They loved it.

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

What a crack up.

CTG Ponies said...

Too funny! Light colored horsey can't hide telltale signs of the crime.

Beth said...

Your caught her red lipped! lol

Sneaky little bugger!

The Equestrian Vagabond said...

Hilarious!
- The Equestrian Vagabond

Shirley said...

Too funny! Horse thief!

Jeni said...

oh very very funny! Looks like she's got lipstick on!

The Wife said...

Bwahahaha! Maybe she just had her red lipstick on that day? Just a coincidence I'm sure!

Jessie said...

Hahahaha!!! I used to have a POA that loved Strawberry shasta. He'd have red lips, too :)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

LOL! *snort*. Made my day.


~!Lisa

allhorsestuff said...

Oops...tried to leave a comment earlier...not here..maybe got eaten by the blogger monster!
Crack me up..what ever was Indigo doing..slushy..I never thought that to be a horsey delicacy!

I am interested in the study of the steel vs the rubberized Easy Walkers. Are they put on with nails? I thought the nails were the culprit in making a numb foot.

Here is her #
Miriah Stuart (503) 980-8739
miriah@horsemassagepro.com

Fantastyk Voyager said...

I think she really enjoyed it. Next time, you'll have to buy two!

Desert Rose said...

Cherry must be her favorite flavor or she would never have done something so naughty!!! My mare drinks beer like her dad Slick! Jesse prefers coffee!;)

Janice said...

I should have known that was what was coming, caught me off guard and had me laughing out load. Too Funny....little thief.

LuLo Designs/Blue Eyed Tango said...

Great pics Sydney, and funny too! Hey still nothing in the mail....I'm afraid it's lost.

Rising Rainbow said...

That's hysterical! I'm equally impressed that you had camera in hand and got such great evidence to share with all of us.

juliette said...

I love, love, love that photo of her silly slushy lips! Too cute!

Elizabeth A. said...

That is hilarious! Horses are so funny and can get into so much trouble when we're not looking! My horse would probably do the same thing!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin