Thursday, August 27, 2009

My vacation face part1


Yup. That is me sitting on the porch of my friends moms place. It's real nice there. Quiet and right on miles and miles of forest. But I got bit like crazy by blackflies and a week later they are still itchy. If you look real close you can see my friend Michelle taking a picture of me in my aviators reflection. Michelle loves my camera. I don't often let people use it but I couldn't resist the look on her face at how well it focused and the images turned out. She wants one.

When we got there we went to the beach. I have been to several beaches including nice ones in Florida but theres something just so back to nature about the local (and creatively named) Sandy beach on the deep and cold lake Superior. See what I mean. Breathtaking. (Click images for full view as always)
This is the same beach you can see my rainbows I took here last year when I visited in September 08.

See here in northern Ontario they are on the edge of the Canadian shield. If you don't know what that is see what wikipedia says.
It was very humid the day we got there, which is unusual for that far up north. Usually you can see the hills more clearly but it made for some very interesting pictures. How glassy the lake is.

Heres my friends not so little brother jumping off one of the rocks that sticks out of the water on calm days. He underestimated how shallow it was there because the water was so clear and hit his butt off the bottom.
Thats one of the things we did almost every day, visit this wonderful beach. One day we spent four hours lying on the sand and climbing all over rocks finding cool passages and places to sit and collect feathers. It's a place I find that calms the soul. Watching the fish go by and listening to the waves with the warm sand beneath your body. I can't wait to go back next year.

7 comments:

lisa said...

Very nice beach, and it doesn't seem like you have to worry about a lot of people?

Unknown said...

No theres never a lot of people and it's a very big beach.

Paint Girl said...

What a lovely beach!! Sounds like you had a great time!

Andrea said...

I had no idea your hair was SO long!! It's beautiful! And it looks like a very wonderful quite beach! Great pictures.

Jessie said...

What a gorgeous place! I feel like I'm on vacation, too, just looking at those pictures! :)

Carroll Farm said...

The pictures are amazing! I would love to go there someday and relax!

Julie said...

Cool pic! ha ha - I like to see pics of myself if for nothing more than to make sure I look the way that I 'think' I look...ha ha silly - I know.

Your Mom's chair/stool must be an antique if it is heavy. Mine is pretty light and will not last if it gets kicked or stepped on by a horse..but that is what I needed for the shows.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin