Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sunday stills: Eyes

Eyes are the windows to the soul.




I have loads and loads of horse eye pictures. They are so expressive and difficult to catch a horse eye without your reflection or the reflection of the surroundings in it.

A patch of thinner hair around the eyes of a horse in the summer (most commonly seen on greys as the black skin shows up better) is called an "eye patch" The dark skin will show around the eye as the smaller hairs shed out if the horse is in good health. Unfortunately I do not have a recent picture of eye patches I will leave that for another time.

Click the link at the top of this post to see more of my equine eye photo's.

13 comments:

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

Mirror mirror on the wall, whose eye is the fairest of them all? Gal or mare?

Anonymous said...

Definitely 1st pic is my choice, great tone and lights
Nice shots :)

lisa said...

That first one is pretty cool, but I always love the horses!

Jeni said...

Love the green eyes... and of course the horse eye. Soulfuel

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Beautiful shots!

Shirley said...

First pic only loaded halfway for me so I couldn't see what I assume are very pretty eyes. Love the horse one.

Anonymous said...

Very nice. Is the first shot your eyes? Beautiful :)

Michelle said...

Great shots!

gtyyup said...

Yes, the first photo has great color and I like the shading...nice!

Regular Guy said...

Excellent first shot. The shadows and color are great. Those eyes really come out. Nice job.

Anonymous said...

Love your first photo. It looks like it was taken at sunset, or maybe in candle light. Wonderful 3/4 view. You have a natural eye for the play of light and shadow. Excellent job Sydney.

Oregon Equestrian said...

The first photo is very dramatic.

I've always loved the white lashes against the dark eye of a gray horse.

Lori Skoog said...

Windows indeed...they tell the story.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin