Thursday, January 14, 2010

FREEDOM!!!



White pastures here I come

Would you get offa my tail!?

Aren't I a little old to be your girlfriend? What mare wants a gelding anyway.

OWNED!

Haha that is how I feel right now that the day has owned me.

It's quarter after 9 pm. I just got in and sat down (minus supper) and my day started at 7 am when I fed the beasties. I had a lot of barns to do today, one new one I had to meet with the owner and get the oil changed in the car. I am glad I have no time constraints when I have to clean my own barn. I just go about it when I have time/feel like it. My room may be a mess but the barn is clean!
No one said the horse business was an easy or forgiving job.

I did get some time (as evidence of this post) to take pictures today. I started out having a bad day, I slept through my alarm by 15 minutes so I was in a rush to feed the horses and then get off to my other barns. After seeing my horses and taking some pictures this afternoon I felt a lot better. Horses are the best medicine.

Finally got a new pair of sunglasses. They are pretty neat I can go from putting horses out in the snow to walking inside a seemingly dark barn and they don't make everything look all dark. They are green but the sun makes them look yellowish.
They still ain't the aviators

11 comments:

Andrea said...

Very cool shades!! I forgot how bright the snow can be!! It's been a while since I've seen some. And horses are wonderful medicine. They have a way of making the worst day ever better.

Unknown said...

Lucky you though I have to say I am enjoying this winter a lot more than others. It's been nice and I have my own sleigh and a really nifty bareback pad to go riding with.

Dusty Devoe said...

Great pictures! Wish we would get some snow.

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Those are great photos of Indigo running. Look how you can see the back of three of her hooves. Very cool!

Geldings can be so annoying!! You go, girl, but don't kick him hard.

I love your new shades!

Millie-jane said...

Whats a geldings?

The pics on my camera look noting like this. It is a good idea to have a great camera for them.

I'll send you the pics tho.

I remember seeing indigo back-kick Sebastian when he tried to bite her. It was pretty freaky.

Unknown said...

Indigo didn't actually kick him in that picture she just about flipped over bucking mid gallop though.

A gelding is a boy horse without his....ahem, manly bits.

Unknown said...

And Indigo is forever telling off Sebastian. Actually most of them do including his younger sister. Sheba is the worst I never see her get upset at anyone but him she will squeal and let both back hooves fly at him in a second. Hes such an ass in the paddock/barnyard everyones out for his blood.

Desert Rose said...

Sure does look cold...I am not into cold anymore! LOL

Carroll Farm said...

Lovely pictures. I haven't seen snow in a while, but glad to see it in just pictures. :) Nice shades, I broke mine yesterday- sniff, sniff, and some tears.

Grey Horse Matters said...

Great shades. Love the pictures too!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Poor Sebastion...misunderstood gelding. lol! Indigo's got his number, though. You go girl! A girl's got to have her space.

Indigo is gorgeous when she really moves! Wow!

You took some great pics. You look cool in your new shades, too.

~Lisa

Blog Widget by LinkWithin