Friday, January 16, 2009

Probability

"A mare homozygous at the bay loci, EEAA, is crossed to a stallion who is heterozygous at the bay loci, EeAa. What is the probability that their offspring will be bay?"

What I have been looking at all week. It's tiring on top of taking on a new barn and horses to take care of. I've seen Indigo twice this week. I am sure she misses the cookies.

Anyone know how to do probability? Want to help me? It's confusing as all hell.

In the mean time here is a cute effin pic of a friends old horse lazing in the sun last summerr. I want the snow to melt.

5 comments:

The Wife said...

Very cute pic. Are you freakin' kiddin' me. I majored in psychology so I didn't have to do all that math mumbo jumbo!

Unknown said...

Ahhh I know I am terrible at math. This is going to kill me.

Rising Rainbow said...

I love genetics. This was right up my alley. I spent so much time on an answer, I ended up doing a post on my blog explaining myself.

Unknown said...

lol thanks. Glad you liked it.

Me said...

100%. Since it the mare is homozygous, it will always pass on the gene. Since both the black extension and the agouti modifier are dominant, 100%.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin